[THIN] Native Driver printing very slow, Universal is fine though

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:14:30 +1000

Hi

I have an issue where Printing is very slow across the farm when Native drivers are used. We have a Citrix Policy enabled so native Drivers are used with fallback to the Universal driver. I would like to enable Universal only but I have no idea what printers would fail so I was wondering if any of the following is possible:

1) I know there is no Citrix Policy for this but it would be great if we could default to Universal driver first then fallback to Native if universal didn't work. Can this be done? If not is there a way to enable this?. IE If I determined what printers fail with the universal printers, could I create multiple policies so native drivers are used if a user prints to certain printers that require this native driver?

2) Is there any way to troubleshoot the slow printing issues. Clients are Windows XP with network printers setup locally. All client printers (up to 5) are created on the Citrix Servers (Windows 2003, Presentation Server 4). Native Drivers are all Citrix supported.

3) In relation to third party printer applications, which is the more reliable/mainstream utility between Screwdrivers or ThinPrint? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Example of speed.. Printing a PDF using a universal driver takes 4 seconds, native drivers can take up to 2-3 minutes which is not usable

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Ang

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D29219&_t=762256209&_r=june07_endtext_search&_m=EXT