[THIN] Naming a subst'd drive

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:25:05 -0000

Hi,

I've got a W2k3 SP2 server and I want to create a subst mapping to a client
drive

So - net use M: \\client\c$

All, fine and dandy

Now I want to subst a drive to a directory on c:

Subst N: m:\clientdir

Hurrah - N: is subst'd

*But* in explorer it appears as

I can manually rename the drive - which is fine for the session - but as the
subst isn't persistent it gets lost each time.

I've looked at manipulating the MountPoints2 reg key - but it's a different
key everytime, and only appears as a key once you do a rename.

I've looked at using shell.application.namespace method, but it only appears
to work for network drives.

:-(

Any ideas how to rename the drive so that instead of being 'disconnected' it
comes up as "user friendly drive name"?

Tia.

Andrew

Gilwood CS Ltd
Registered Office :  197 Leechmere Road, Sunderland, UK, SR2 9DL. No.
6099397 England