[THIN] Name of published application suddenly appears to be too long for CITRIX Management Console.

  • From: Παναγιώτης Τσαπραλής <ptsapralis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:32 +0200

CITRIX Metaframe XP FR3 on 4 Intel Xeon servers with Microsoft Windows Server
2003.

About two months ago, we published an EXCEL spreadsheet for our business users
under the name "CUSTOMERNAME_ProductionLogistics_Overview" and put it into a
separate application folder, named "CUSTOMERNAME". The publishing process went
through fine at that time and the application has been in use by everybody
since then without any glitch.

However, yesterday we had to add another EXCEL spreadsheet to that application
folder and the CITRIX system kept complaining that it "Could not write
application data to the CITRIX Metaframe XP server farm" (with error codes
"c0050006/80060004"), whenever we tried to complete the publishing process.
Also, when we try to open the "CUSTOMERNAME" application folder into the
Management Console (in order to edit its applications), we get the message
"Error when expanding the tree, please refresh the parent node" (refreshing
does not resolve the problem). The applications in that folder are still
accessible by the business users. After much experimentation, we found out that
our CITRIX system does not accept application names longer than 38 characters
in the "Application Name" field anymore (it did a couple of months ago, though).

The net result is that we can no longer edit this application folder or its
contents (add users, servers, etc.). We have temporarily bypassed the problem
by re-publishing the EXCEL spreadsheets into another application folder (using
shorter names...), however, we need to understand how this happened and what
needs to be done in order to reclaim the old application folder back.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Panos Tsapralis,
Chief Information Officer,
CALLCENTER Hellas,