[THIN] Re: NY-London TS

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:56:35 -0700

We use Terminal Services and Citrix both from San Diego to London,
Frankfurt, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, and Sydney.  It works really well,
especially given the fact that some of our servers are NT4 TSE, running
Citrix 1.8.  We're working on the upgrade plan now. :)  We also use Citrix
for providing access to outside vendors in Norway, Sweden and the
Netherlands.  We actually went to this solution because of the increase in
performance that the users needed.  We are using Peregrine ServiceCenter 6,
Peoplesoft 7.5 and 8 (on the same server no less), Siebel 6.5 and Getpaid (a
collections package), all over the world.  The servers are based here in San
Diego, with a redundant server setup in London.  We also use TS for server
management, and in addition, we use Dameware for non-TS systems.  Our
network link to Europe is pretty slow, but with the advent of Terminal
Services and Citrix, users have seen a 5-fold increase in performance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jennifer