[THIN] Re: [NTSysADM] Re: Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors - MORE INFO

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:37:17 -0400

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:30 PM,  <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Isn't the Loopback setting in Computer Configuration? Not in front of a
> machine right now, so I could be mistaken...

It is.

Here is what I am wondering:

If you set a GPO with Loppback Processing with Replace mode; and you
change user-specific settings there, such as changing folder
redirection to "local profile" ... this ONLY applies to, and takes
effect ONLY while, a user logs into a server that is a member of a
group that this GPO is filtered on.

So if I log onto the domain, my Desktop is redirected to a network
share, because that is what the GPO that is filtered on my group
membership says to do. \

Yes?

And ONLY when I log into my RDS server, does that folder redirection
setting change to "redirect to local profile"; stay that way while I
am logged in to that RDS server, and only for things I do while on
that server; and revert BACK to redirecting to the network share when
I log out.

Yes?

If so, that's what we want and need.