[THIN] Re: [NTSysADM] Re: Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors - MORE INFO

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:20:37 -0400

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Aakash Shah <aakash.shah@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Btw, the policy to enable loopback and replace is a computer policy, so the
> loopback policy is not taking effect since it was being previously filtered.

By "previously filtered" you mean that it was overridden by a Winning GPO?

I am just afraid to set the filtering for this OU to be "Authenticated
Users" and "group with RDS computer account". See, we *do* want folder
redirecting. Just NOT when the user logs into these 3 RDS servers
(which is what happens when they run a Published RemoteApp).

When the user logs onto the domain, folder redirection is set by a GPO
that filters on their group membership. If I use "Authenticated Users"
as a filter on a different OU that uses a GPO with Loopback processing
with Replace Mode, doesn't that mean that those Loopback settings
*also* get applied, since they apply to all Authenticated Users?
(especially since Redirected folders are a user setting)

And obviously that is not what I want. I want the folder redirection
to be in place. Except during the times the user logs into any of just
these 3 servers; during that login, and only on those 3 servers, I
want the "redirect to local profile" Otherwise I want the redirection
to be in use.

So what concept/setting am I not getting, so that I can implement
things the way I describe above?