[THIN] Re: [NTSysADM] Re: Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors - MORE INFO

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:25:38 -0400

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM,  <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you try setting the new GPO to Enforced and see if that makes any
> difference? Without seeing the OU structure it's difficult to prognosticate
> which should win...

Yes, I just set it to Enforced, and am re-running the Modeling query.
Still has the wrong winning GPO ...

The OU structure is:

OU-CSR (this is where the user object is)
-->> has GPO that redirects user Desktop and My Docs to server share,
filtered to group the user is a member of
OU-RDS (this is where the RDS servers are)
-->> Has my new GPO with Loopback and Replace, and folder redirection
to local profile. Filtered to group the server is a member of, and
that one specific user)

Both OUs are at the same level in the domain (i.e., neither are
sub-OUs of anything else)
//www.freelists.org/list/thin