[THIN] Re: NTLDR missing

  • From: "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:08:07 -0500

If you have a machine with the same HAL you can copy ntldr, boot.ini,
and ntdetect.com onto a floppy, modify the boot.ini to use the hard disk
on the crashed machine which contains the 2000 installation.

Set CMOS to boot from the floppy. It should use that as the system
partition and then boot to the disk you specified as the boot device.
I've never tried with a machine containing a different HAL...=20

You may also first want to try repair install.