[THIN] NT 4 TSE Unable to Create New Processes?

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:21:59 -0400

Suddenly, in the last week, I've had this happen on 4 servers.

Environment is NT 4 TSE, Citrix XPe SP2 no FR.  Running McAfee VirusScan
Enterprise 8.

No application changes or system patches in the last week.

Problem manifests itself at login.  For me, since my password is going to
expire in 4 days, i get the notice that the password is about to expire, to
which I answer "No."  Then, nothing further happens.  The login script
doesn't run, it just sits at the black screen.

For other users, same thing, except it goes directly to the black screen.

Server is remotely accessible (ie you can browse the C: drive) however, any
attempt to start a process, like Gencontrol, fails.   I've run Perfmon
against it looking for exhausted resources, but I don't see anything
unusual.

I'm about to attempt stopping services on the box, but other than that, I'm
out of ideas.

Any help appreciated -

Bob Coffman