[THIN] Re: NIC teaming and dell servers

  • From: Damon Edwards <damonedwards@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:46:05 -0800

More specifics

I attach to 2 Nortel BS-5510-48t switches.  Spanning tree protocol is enabled.
I do not run SP1  it breaks a 16 bit app I am trying to get rid of but am stuck
with.
Servers will ping but I cant connect thru MSTSC or ICA.
Reboot is required most of the time, occasionally server will recover itself.
Sometimes get TS service errors stating the service is not responding, but the
       service is running.
When I go to the counsel of the server I see a gray or blue blank screen.

Intells documentation states that in order to use Adapter fault tolerance
Spanning tree must be turned off.  I have argued with the network team about
which mode to use, they say the 2 switches are actually 1 ?????  The only thing
I can think of is to break the teams and wait for a failure on the primary
switch.  Is there a way for me to tell if the team fails over?  I see no
entries in the system log but I think this is where the issue is.