[THIN] NFuse Newbie needs help.

  • From: "Stuart Pittwood" <SPittwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:30:06 +0100

Hi all,

I'm playing around with Nfuse as if I can get it to work it will solve
all of our remote access problems.

We have a back to back DMZ using MS ISA server on both sides.

Both firewalls are doing NAT.

Nfuse is installed on an IIS box in the DMZ.

If I access Nfuse (using its external IP address) from a client which is
on the internal network all is happy & it works perfectly.

If I access Nfuse from within the DMZ or the internet, I am able to log
in and see the list of published apps (so I assume XML communication is
working) but when I try to launch an application nothing happens.  The
web ICA client is installed on the box I'm accessing from.

Am I correct in thinking that when I launch an app the client is talking
directly with the metaframe box using TCP 1494.

I can telnet into the metaframe box from the client on port 1494 & see
the ICA banner.

Do any other ports need opening?

Any help appreciated

Oh and it's Nfuse 1.7 & Metaframe XPa FR2, IIS 5, Win2k SP3.  The only
other thing installed on the web server is Progress webspeed.

Stuart Pittwood, CCNA, MCSE

IT Technician

Amery-Parkes Solicitors

This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/