[THIN] Re: NFuse Elite

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:03:28 -0700

Hi Tony,

Here it is, "in real life terms":

//+++++++++++++++++++++++
// For NFuse Elite:
//+++++++++++++++++++++++

A. Slick user interface.
B. "Portal" shell for existing web application with common security scope,
nice MetaFrame integration, personalization and some web apps out of the box
(CDAs) targeting mostly Intranet deployment.
C. Your customer is an IIS and in general Microsoft (not Sun, IBM or Novell)
dependent shop with IE 5.5+ for Internet Browser.
D. Make some money for your Company on NFuse Elite licensing, some (!!!)
hardware and consulting.
E. Make some money on future customization and CDA component development.
F. Invest some money -- hire me to train your guys/customer and conduct
rollout + write CDAs.

//+++++++++++++++++++++++
// For NFuse "Classic"
//+++++++++++++++++++++++

A. IT IS NOT browser dependent (!!!) as long as users are on mainstream
browsers.
B. Integrates with Microsoft Active Directory and Novell without client
specifics or dependencies, as long as smartcard and/or desktop pass-through
authentication is not required.
C. Very simple, scalable and stable solution as compared to above.
D. Can be quite secure with no substantial effort -- sutable for Internet
and Intra/Extranet deployment.
E. Save some money for your customer.

ALEX