[THIN] Re: NFUSE application page

  • From: "Ruben C." <rubennyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:01:48 -0700 (PDT)

If you have time to spend with a good VBS book and the NFuse Admin guide, it's
really not that difficult to port the necessary NFuse code to any page you
like.  It's time consuming work but it can be done.
If you don't have the time to spend or a dedicated web dev team, then yeah, go
with Chris' idea.
In case you decide to try it, you may find it easier to design the portal you
want first, decide where and how you want the NFuse section to appear, then
port in the necessary code from the default wwwroot\citrix\nfuse17\ page.
Good luck,
Bean
 Chris Lynch wrote:

We just recently implemented CSG 1.1 and Nfuse Classic, where we did
customize the "look" of the pages. Not really by adding additional
content. If that is your goal, then I would look a Nfuse Elite.
There are TONS of CDA's (Content Delivery Agents) you can have on the
Nfuse Elite site. You can publish it for Intranet, Internet,
Extranet, or all of the above. It might be pricy, but at this point,
which Citrix product isn't.

I don't doubt that if you brought in a web developer that knows VBS
and ASP, that he/she can look at the entire site (the code), and say
"Yeah, I can do what you want." But, again. How much is THAT going
to cost you, instead of looking a Nfuse Elite.

Just my 2 cents.

CHRIS LYNCH - MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx Tel 949.367.3406