[THIN] Re: NFUSE and NAT

  • From: Carlos Sanabria <csanabria@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 09:58:10 -0500

Jay,

The STA is NOT a Certficate Authority and DOES NOT give out PKI
Certificates, what it does is generate tickets so that users never know the
actual IP Address of the MetaFrame Servers, and no Username/Password
information travels through the insecure network or the Internet (although,
you COULD use Nfuse ticketing which would protect the Username/Password but
not the MF Internal IP Address).

The STA is MANDATORY and is no 3rd party can provide a substitute if you use
Citrix Secure Gateway in normal mode (there is a relay mode that does not
need the STA, but should only be used in specific scenarios).

Bottom line, your Engineering team SHOULD read the CSG Administrator's
Guide. Or even better, help out your friends and hire a Citrix Consultant in
your area. :-)

Cheers,

Carlos Sanabria, CCA, MCSA
IT Consultant