[THIN] Re: NF 1.8 technical preview with RSA Token

  • From: "Daniel Schoppmann" <dschoppmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:36:22 +0100

Hi

I am happy to say that I could help myself.

So if anyone else but me is trying to use Nfuse 1.8 with RSA Secure IDs,
just have a look at

Page 30 Getting_Started_TechPreview.pdf on the TechPreview-CD:

SecurID Authentication Support
SecurID can now be used as an authentication method in NFuse Classic. To
enable
SecurID authentication, select the Use RSA SecurID option on the
Authentication
page in the NFuse Classic Admin tool. From this page, you can also allow
users to
change their passwords, or specify that passwords are changed on expiration.
When logging on to NFuse Classic using SecurID authentication, users enter a
Personal Identification Number (PIN) followed by the SecurID tokencode (the
number displayed on the SecurID token).
To use SecurID, two .dll files must be present on the NFuse Classic server.
 To copy the .dll files to the NFuse Classic server
1. On the ACE/Server, locate the sdmsg.dll and aceclnt.dll files in the
\winnt\system32 directory.
2. Copy these files to the \ProgramFiles\Citrix\NFuse\SecurID directory on
the
NFuse Classic server.
3. From this folder, run the following command: regsvr32 ?C:Program
Files\Citrix\NFuse\SecurID\NFuseSecurID.dll?

Note: If you installed the ACE/Agent on the ACE/Server, the .dll files have
been
overwritten and you cannot run SecurID with NFuse Classic. You must use the
original .dll files from the ACE/Server CD.

Why didn't I just RTFM ? :-)
Found the tip in CDN.

Ciao, Daniel

dschoppmann@xxxxxx