[THIN] Re: .NET and Citrix

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <Bernd.Harzog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:33:08 -0500

How long do you think it will take your organization to cut over
entirely to .net web based applications. This means waiting for every
vendor sourced application that you run to come out in a version that
you are willing to run, and for your applications group to redevelop all
Win32 applications that you have. I am keying on the "once we go to .net
based apps" part of your question. The customers that I am talking to
are saying that this is going to take years.

Even once you have all .Net applications you still might want to run
Citrix. I see plenty of people who host IE on their Citrix servers. .Net
applications will not change any of the reasons for doing this if your
are doing this now.

Bernd Harzog
CEO
RTO Software