[THIN] Re: NDS for NT and MFXPe

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:32:40 +1300

I think that would depend on the version ZFD that you are implementing =
or
have implemented. The newer versions 3.2 and higher, even though they =
have
much improved support for terminal servers through GPO's is still very
unstable and fill of bugs.=20

We have found many bugs and reported them to Novell who have responded =
with
patches or have not bothered to issue a fix for them as they seem =
totally
unable to fix some issues (competence issues on their side???). Also =
the
poor support from Novell USA in the past is forcing most of our clients =
consider not renewing their contracts with Novell and pursue other =
options
like Win2k/AD options amongst others.

As for having a mixed environment of Netware and Win2k. Why bother, its =
more
pain than its worth.

Tony Lyne
=A0

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
Behalf
Of Mark CALLEJA
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 07:27
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are
=3D20
Win2K MF XPe + Nfuse 1.7
=3D20
Problems with profiles, Novell logon scripts, policies, and =
printing.=3D20
Moved all these functions to NT domain only for stability and
reliability.  We also have a problem with users changing the server's
default context (as all users have an alias in one container specially
setup for Citrix users)  When the context is wrong nobody can log =
in.=3D20
We use a fully published application environment. =3D20
=3D20
I personally would recommend that you avoid where ever possible Novell
integration to your Citrix servers otherwise you will have no end of
grief.  We also have the NDS4NT upgrade of NAMs.  We do not use AD at
the moment.
=3D20
HTH
Mk
=3D20
Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems=3D20
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/03/2003 4:47:59 >>>
Does anyone out there happen to use MFXPe in a Novell environment?
Particularly NDS for NT?

Thanks,

Matthew McComas
matt.mccomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20