[THIN] My new book will be at iForum

  • From: "Brian Madden" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:16:02 -0500

Hello All,

Since everyone is talking about (and getting execited about) iForum, I
figured that I would let you know that I've spent the past several
months working on an updated version of my book.  The new version,
called "Citrix MetaFrame XP: Advanced Technical Design Guide, Including
Feature Release 2 (ISBN 0971151032)," will be launched on Monday.  I'm
bringing 300 copies with me to iForum, and I'll be in the HP/Compaq
booth handing them out--first come, first serve. (iForum only has 2000
paid attendees this year, so your chance of getting a book is pretty
good.)

In case you're wondering, in addition to reworking and updating all the
content from the old book, I've also added FR-2, Citrix Secure Gateway,
Enterprise Services for NFuse, NFuse Classic 1.7, plus new chapters on
scalability and server sizing, enterprise deployment, and high
availability / redundancy. This book has 100 more pages than the old
one.

Like the last book, I received great help from a lot of people on this
list... I'll let you know when it's time to do another (maybe FR-3,
Win.NET mid year???)

See you at Shula's
Brian