[THIN] Multiple apps using the same HKLM with different values...

  • From: "Rob Beekmans" <RobBeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:18:37 +0100

Hi list,

somehow I seem to get back to this list, must be a good sign....

Í've read something about being able to run mutliple versions of an
application that use the same HLKM registry setting.

Somehow it was done by virutalizing the enviroment etc etc, don't know
excactly how it was done .....that's what I'm trying to find out.

Can anyone help me and maybe remember which product or tool I'm refering
to...???

What I'm trying to do is this (in short)

program files\app version 10 --> uses HKLM\software\app program files\app
version 11 --> uses HKLM\software\app

normally this can't be done, but somewhere in the last weeks someone posted
a message about this....

any help is appreciated.

Greetings
Rob Beekmans