[THIN] Multiple Java Versions

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:08:09 +0100

Hi,

I want to run the latest version of Java on my new XenApp 6.5 build but
I have a Web application that needs to run a previous version.

When IE launches with the Web address it users the latest version
installed.

This is not a new problem and in the past I used a batch file to replace
the deployment.properties file each time the app launched and although
this did work, the user would continue to use that version of Java in
that session and I feel it's a bit of a hack.

So I have been trying to get a smarter way of doing this.

I came across this http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126709 article
which is a bit vague but appears to be isolating the Java version in a
streamed profile.

Just looking to see if this is widely used or is there a better way of
doing this.

Thanks

Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.