[THIN] Re: Moving the datastore

  • From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:45:38 +0100

What I have done in the past is backed up and restored the datastore onto
new server. Setup the same username/password a/c on the new database that
was used for the old database, then I changed the Server name in the
MF20.DSN to point to the new database and restarted the IMA service.

The only problem I ever had with moving the Datastore with the IMA not
starting was down to MDAC levels needing to be upgraded.

Regards,
Thomas

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only
for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message
from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Neither
United Utilities PLC nor any of its subsidiaries will be
liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential
damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising
from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

United Utilities PLC (England and Wales No.2366616)
registered office: Dawson House, Great Sankey,
Warrington, WA5 3LW.

http://www.go-eol.com