[THIN] Re: Moving servers between one farm and another

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:22:41 -0500

if the citrix version isnt' changing(ie upgrade), then i would chfarm it.

Berny Stapleton wrote:
Heya all,

What do people believe is the appropriate action for removing a server from
a farm and adding it to another?

I am going through a network split at the moment, and I am saying that they
should have the Metaframe software removed from them, and then the servers
should have the software re-installed on them instead of just doing a
chfarm.

What do others think?

I'm one of those people that goes for scripted builds as well instead of
ghost / altiris images, so call me old fashioned.

Berny