[THIN] Re: Move access datastore from one server to the other

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:46:10 -0800 (PST)

Also see
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3892

Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Does anyone know of a simple document that describes how to move an access
datastore to another server?

2) Once the datastore is moved is there anything special I need to do to remove
a Citrix server from the farm? I was planning to just uninstall Citrix.

I have an old XP FR1, SP1 farm that is being slowly removed. Server #1 is the
datastore and server #2 in the same farm. I need to remove server #1 from the
farm. I have searched on thethin.net and Citrix and can?t seem to find a Citrix
document that really explains this in a simple manor (needs to be simple as
I?ve never done this). The best I could find was in a Citrix forum but is it
correct?

1. stop the ima service on the old server

2. copy the mf20.mdb to the new ima server to the following path:

"C:\Program files\Independent Management Architecture\"

3. Start imaservice on the oldserver

4. Create a new DSN (file dsn)entry in the same folder and name it mf20.dsn
(ODBC -Access)

5. call on all servers, except the newserver, in the dos box "DSmaint Failover
NEWSERVER"

6. On the newserver call:

"DSmaint Config /user:citrix /Pwd:citrix /dsn:"C:\Program
files\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.dsn"

7. regedit on oldserver and newserver

oldserver

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\DatabaseDriver\Imaaccess.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\DatabaseDriver\Imaodbc.dll

Newserver

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\DatabaseDriver\Imaodbc.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\DatabaseDriver\Imaaccess.dll

8. stop and start imaservice on newserver

9. stop and start imaservice on all other servers

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator