[THIN] Re: Move Terminal Server Licenses

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:56:32 +0200

According to M$, you can backup the C:\WINNT\LServer directory, setup up TS
licensing on the new server, stop the service, overwrite the new LServer
directory with the new, and you have transferred your licensing database of
existing licenses to the new server.  Any licenses that were available,
however, will need to be reissued by M$.  However, unless you have new clients
connecting immediately after the rebuild, you shouldn't have problems.  Done
this myself once and it worked like a charm.  Existing clients didn't notice a
change.

HTH,

Tom Erdely
http://erdely.no