[THIN] Re: More than 15 anonymous accounts on MFXP/Windows 2000 server

  • From: Lennart Koschella <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:26:43 +0100

Jim,

At 30.11.2005 08:11 -0800, you wrote:

When you say you created the account manually were you making a copy of the 15th anonymous account and renaming it or creating one from scratch? I was always able to just create all the accounts I wanted by making a copy, reboot and it worked.
JK

I created them from scratch (manually and via a script makeanon.cmd someone sent to me). How can I copy an existing user on a Windows 2000 server? (We don't have Active Directory here, just standalone servers in a workgroup. We do user management via Novell's "Dynamic Local User" funtionality.)

It was possible to copy existing users on NT4 servers in the "User manager" via the F8 key, but I haven't found this function on Windows 2000. How do you copy your users? Will the password also be copied or do you set it manually? And why does the Citrix mechanism described for Windows 2000 servers fail?

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany