[THIN] Re: Monitoring Citrix

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:49:28 -0700

Seems more focused on real-time events and event log monitoring.   Systrack
seems to focus more on Metaframe type events and historical analysis.  I
hear that Resource Manager is acutally a scaled down Systrack that Citrix
licenses from Lakeside Software.  Maybe that explains the focus.

We have SMS, Insight Manager, and Aeleta (event log reporting) so I think
all the OS level functions are covered.  Performance Monitor can also
provide some of the OS and app statistics (memory, cpu, etc).  What else
out there focuses on the Metaframe portion of the equation?  If I can only
purchase one tool, that's where I want to focus.

adam

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           "Mike MacDonald"          |
|         |           <mike.macdonald@thincityso|
|         |           ftware.com>               |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           12/27/2004 02:26 PM       |
|         |           Please respond to thin    |

  |       To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Re: Monitoring Citrix

I evaluated the Rippletech product a while back - it looked really good,
but
also came with a hefty price-tag. If memory serves it was about $2K per
server. It was a solid product though.

-Mike MacDonald