[THIN] Re: Monitor Thread did not find any active processes

  • From: "Walter, Chris" <christopher.walter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:28:14 -0400

It is actually 100 mb maximum and I am only using 50 when the problem
starts.  Hopefully I found the problem, here is what I did.

Ran a perfmon on the server when it had problems and found that Pool paged
bytes on the Spoolss process was skyrocketing.  If I started and stopped the
print spooler then the problem would go away for an hour or two and then
come back.  Called Microsoft after that and found out that there is a memory
leak if you have your ports setup as HP Standard TCPIP ports on your print
server and also setup the ports with the FGN.  The memory leak actually
happens on the printing machine, not the print server.  It seems to only be
if your Print server or your printing machine is NT4 and seen most common
with HP Laserjet 4200 and 4300 printer drivers.  Once I changed all of my
ports to IP from the FQN I haven't seen the problem on any of my servers
again.

Chris