[THIN] Modem problems

  • From: misha.stamenkovic@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: THin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:57:09 +1200

Hi there,

I'm having an intermittent problem with the modems not answering the calls. I
have three US Robotics Courier V.Everything EXT modems connected to a DIGI board
on Citrix Metaframe XP server and using the same 0800 number. OS is W2000 server
with SP3. Most of the time it works fine but sometimes when users try to connect
the modems do not answer the call although all of them are available.The modems
just keep ringing and ringing but not answer. It comes back fine when I reset
the modem connections using Citrix management Console. But this is not
all,sometimes even this doesn't help and server needs to be rebooted. I have
already eliminated possibility that something was wrong with DIGI board by
connecting a modem to serial port and replacing the modems-result was the same.I
am not sure if it is Citrix or hardware problem.Any idea how to troubleshoot
this problem?
I will appreciate any help!

Misha

This email with any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please
reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use
it in any way.