[THIN] Re: Mind going ... is this possible with IE

  • From: Michel Roth <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:10:04 +0200

Don't know about changing default download folder, I do know that you
can redirect the Temp Int FIles via a reg edit (I don't recall it
being available from w2k folder redirection GPO's).

Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders" and look the the "cache"  entry.

HTH,
Michel Roth
www.thincomputing.net

2005/10/28, M <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I don't think ive explained myself properly.
>
> IE stores files in the temp internet files folder when it downloads them.
> I restrict server drive letters via GPO.
> User attempts to open or save a word doc/PDF file from a web page after
> clicking on the hypertext link.
> Due to the restrict drive access GPO the usual pop up box explaining that
> the administrator has blocked access.
> What im trying to do is force the download to saved to the users home folder
> rather than the local Temporary internet files folder.
> You can do with this Lotus Notes 6.5.4 and Outlook.
>
> Anyone doing this successfully ?

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC