[THIN] Mind going ... is this possible with IE

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:20:53 +0100

Im having one of those days today and im having a mental relapse.

I hate allowing anyone to be able to download a thing with IE but im forced to
compromise for a certain group.

Users have GPO's applied to hide and restrict access to the OS drives.
They want to be able to visit a web site and save documents to their home drive
letter. I have added a policy to set the IE download folder to the user home
drive.
Is this possible without redirecting Temporary Internet Folders a home drive or
turning off the restrict drive access

I can get round the temp folders issue for Lotus Notes 6.5.4 and Outlook
attachments but didnt think it was possible for IE.

Anyone got this working ?

Regards