[THIN] Re: Mildly OT/ the disclaimer in Exchange 2003 (or not) from 5.5

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:49:31 -0000

Jim,

You're right about the free GFI disclaimer - have used that in the past. And
it has some anti-spam stuff - but I think there's an add-on now from
Microsoft as part of the latest SP to do some of this functionality.

Pay attention to the note in the MS article :-

Note If you use a MAPI client, such as Microsoft Outlook, to send the e-mail
message, the recipient does not receive a modified e-mail message. This is
because the e-mail message that is submitted by using MAPI is not in an SMTP
format when the e-mail message triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore,
changes that are made by the code of the event are not persisted.

  _____