[THIN] Re: Migrating Servers into AD

  • From: <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:26:25 -0700

From MS KB 315418
When you start Windows, policy settings from the Computer Configuration
section of each GPO are processed synchronously in the following order: 1.
Local policy settings
2. Site policy settings
3. Domain policy settings
4. Organizational unit policy settings
When the computer configuration policy settings are processed, you are
prompted to log on to the domain. When you log on to the domain, the policy
settings from the User Configuration section of each GPO are processed
synchronously in the following order: 1. Local policy settings
2. Site policy settings
3. Domain policy settings
4. Organizational unit policy settings

  I just went through this last weekend for a customer. One thing you'll
have to do is change the groups/users for your MetaFrame administrators,
MetaFrame policies, and published apps. If you have a lot of apps, you might
want to look at EXPORT and NEWAPP from the MetaFrame SDK. They let you
export an app to a text file, modify it to reflect the new groups, and
republish the apps using the text file. Since I had 40 apps or so, it saved
me a lot of work.

JD