[THIN] Re: Migrate Access datastore

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 08:24:43 -0600

Windows includes a SQL ODBC driver. If you are running Windows 2000, upgrade
to the latest version of MDAC.

Here is the general process to migrate:

1.  Stop IMA on all servers.

2.  Use ODBC Admin to create a file .dsn that points to the SQL database.

3.  Run dsmaint migrate on your current Access data store server.

4.  Run dsmaint config on the current Access data store server.

5.  Start the IMA service on the current Access data store server.

6.  Copy the .dsn to the other servers and run dsmaint config.

7.  Restart the IMA service on the rest of the servers.

Most of this is basic SQL stuff. The only thing Citrix specific is the
dsmaint commands and stopping and starting of the IMA service.