[THIN] Re: Microsoft buys SSL VPN Company.....

  • From: "Eilers, Lee \(CDC/OCOO/ITSO\) \(CTR\)" <lee4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:10:24 -0400

RFLOL!!!

"scratch my a$$ too, well, I don't need that feature.  I.e.  Video..."

  _____

        From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        With CAG 4.2 you can actually use the same Citrix license server you
use for Presentation Server if you want to. In this case, it is the standard
netbios name of the server, i.e. just the machine name (you can type hostname
at the command line to see this)

        Alternately, you can upload the license file into the CAG box itself.
In that case you use the value entered is in the filed called "FQDN" on the
network setup screen. When doing this the licenses, and the cert by the way,
are included in the backup file so be sure to save off the config, this could
save you a lot of work if you ever have a hardware failure or have to rebuild
the boxes.

        If you already have a Citrix licensing server I recommend using it when
you have more than one CAG.

        Also note that the when you fulfill your license file from
www.mycitrix.com <http://www.mycitrix.com/>  you do have to provide the license
server hostname. However, these licenses can be returned and reallocated to a
different hostname if needed.

        Regards,

        Steve Greenberg

        Thin Client Computing

        34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

        Scottsdale, AZ 85262

        (602) 432-8649

        www.thinclient.net

        steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

                From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:39:10 +0000

                        Mind expanding upon the enterprise deployment
components ?

                        Are you doubling things up for failover ? Seperate AAC
components ?

                        Using Netscaler ?