[THIN] Re: Microsoft Service Pack 3

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:26:14 -0800 (PST)

The one weird issue that I ran into was after applying
SP3 to the Citrix box and to the DC (SBS2000) all of
the current Citrix users could still access the box,
but when I tried to grant TSE logon access to any
additional users, they needed local admin rights on
the Citrix box in order to logon ("Local policy does
not permit you to logon" error). I checked all GPs and
local policies and user properties and everything is
Hoyle. Doesn't matter whether they use ICA or RDP.

I put a post in M$ DA newsgroups and this is the
response:

Hi Steve,
I actually had the same problem on my test servers. I
was unable to locate a workaround before I had to roll
back the service pack in order to test other customer
issues.
I do know exactly what you are talking about though.
Let me contact our performance team on this and try to
find if we have a workaround in place.

Best Regards,

Mark Caldwell
Community Partner Lead
Project MVP Lead

"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no
rights."

http://mailplus.yahoo.com