[THIN] Re: Microsoft Project

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:45:22 +0100

Likely the same thing we were told when we wanted one copy of Access on our=
 TS..
"Oh just install it for the current user, not all users"
Um yes, but on TS that doesnt even WORK..

"Set the registry permissions so that only one user can access it then"
Ok, done, phoned back to get in writing (should really have done it at the =
time, i know..)

"You did what?? Thats rubbish, you need a license for every user on the TS,=
 whether they use it or not, no questions"
Why yes of course, thats fair isnt it! On a fat client it is then..

Sometimes you wonder if Microsofts licensing team even knows whats going on=
 with their schemes :(

Andrew
--o--

>>> Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23/04/04 09:36:04 >>>
I run Project on W2K TS / Citrix environment.

AFAIK (although I don't tend to get involved in licensing - far too non
technical ;-)) - it's licensed just the same as other Office products,
isn't it?

Neil

only. If this has come to you in error, please=20
notify the sender immediately and delete this=20
e-mail from your system.
You must take no action based on this, nor must=20
you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents=20
to any person or organisation.
Statements and opinions contained in this email may=20

Neoware makes computing open, secure, reliable,=20
affordable, manageable and obsolete-free.=20
Starting at $199!=20
http://www.neoware.com=20

Starting at $199!
http://www.neoware.com