[THIN] Microsoft Office settings being reset to default

  • From: "Williams, Scott" <swilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:06:26 -0500

Hi,
   Has anyone seen this one??  I am running MF XPe FR2 SP2 on Windows 2000
SP3.  I have Office 2000 with SR2 installed and has been working fine for
months. Now when users sign in and open Outlook they have to reset their
outlook profile for mail server, mailbox etc..  When they open Word the
settings have been set back to default and they have to set up file location
etc..  The rest of their profile is untouched so it is not like they are
losing their entire profile. I am using roaming profiles and group policies.
The symptoms make it seems like a registry entry has been set that triggers
a reset of the Microsoft office part of their profile back to a default
setting.

Thanks

Scott