[THIN] Re: Microsoft Licensing

  • From: Ray.Albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:16:25 -0400

Robert,

Hopefully you purchased Windows 2000 Terminal Licenses and have connected
to Microsoft and applied the Q287687 ( i believe) patch which makes sure
that any licenses issued and not utilized in a period of time returns to
the pool.   I have my licence server running on a separate NT4.0 domain and
had to hack a registry key to force it to point to the correct licensing
server.

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          "Robert Morgan"|
|        |          <RDMorgan@salud|
|        |          .unm.edu>      |
|        |          Sent by:       |
|        |          thin-bounce@fre|
|        |          elists.org     |
|        |                         |
|        |                         |
|        |          07/16/2002     |
|        |          10:51 AM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to thin        |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                               |
  |       Subject:     [THIN] Microsoft Licensing

I have a Windows NT 4.0 PDC and BDC.  I am adding Windows 2000 Advanced
servers to the domain.  I seem to be having Licensing issues after 90
days in some cases.  I have set the servers to point to a licensing
server but with little success.  I have a large environment and would
like to have a central Licensing server.

Does anyone have a success story on Licensing with Microsoft?

Thank You

Robert