[THIN] Re: Microsoft Licensing

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:01:09 -0700

Are you talking XP embedded or Metaframe XPe?  Pretty much nothing comes
with a TS CAL anymore.
adam

|         |           "Matthew          |
|         |           Shrewsbury"       |
|         |           <MShrewsbury@COSCA|
|         |           NHOMES.com>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           thin-bounce@freeli|
|         |           sts.org           |
|         |           02/03/2005 03:37  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           thin              |

  |       To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Microsoft Licensing

While speaking with Microsoft licensing they informed me that XPe does not
include a Terminal Services license. Previously Microsoft had told me it
doesâ

Is everyone aware  XPe thin clients need TS licenses? I thought it was more
or less XP Pro and wouldnât need a licenseL

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA
Network Administrator