[THIN] Re: Microsoft Licensing

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:59:28 -0000

Embedded XP requires the use of a TS Cal. Microsoft have been clear on this for 
quite a while now.

I posted an original thread back in 2002. I was quite looking forward to the 
introduction of XP embedded have have become cynical since ;¬) Im going to be 
really impressed if someone can fit XP SP2 onto a 256Mb Embedded XP device. 


The urls for clarification are as follows:



Have phun

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Matthew Shrewsbury 
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
  Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:37 PM
  Subject: [THIN] Microsoft Licensing

  While speaking with Microsoft licensing they informed me that XPe does not 
include a Terminal Services license. Previously Microsoft had told me it does.

  Is everyone aware  XPe thin clients need TS licenses? I thought it was more 
or less XP Pro and wouldn't need a licenseL

  Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA 

  Network Administrator

Other related posts: