[THIN] Re: Microsoft Licensing

  • From: Ray.Albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Robert Morgan" <RDMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:30:50 -0400

Robert,

Sorry for getting back to you so late, but was on vacation.  Daughter was
playing in the ISA Fastpitch World Series last week.

As for the Registry hack, yes a new key is created.

Ray

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Robert       |
|        |          Morgan"       |
|        |          <RDMorgan@salu|
|        |          d.unm.edu>    |
|        |                        |
|        |          07/16/2002    |
|        |          01:43 PM      |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     <Ray.Albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                               |
  |       Subject:     [THIN] Re: Microsoft Licensing
                                                               |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Ray,
Thanks for the Lic patch update.  Q.  Is the Registry hack creating a
key and pointing it to the License Server?

Robert

>>> Ray.Albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/16/02 09:16AM >>>

Robert,

Hopefully you purchased Windows 2000 Terminal Licenses and have
connected
to Microsoft and applied the Q287687 ( i believe) patch which makes
sure
that any licenses issued and not utilized in a period of time returns
the pool.   I have my licence server running on a separate NT4.0 domain
and
had to hack a registry key to force it to point to the correct
licensing
server.

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          "Robert Morgan"|
|        |          <RDMorgan@salud|
|        |          .unm.edu>      |
|        |          Sent by:       |
|        |          thin-bounce@fre|
|        |          elists.org     |
|        |                         |
|        |                         |
|        |          07/16/2002     |
|        |          10:51 AM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to thin        |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  |       cc:

  |       Subject:     [THIN] Microsoft Licensing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have a Windows NT 4.0 PDC and BDC.  I am adding Windows 2000
servers to the domain.  I seem to be having Licensing issues after 90
days in some cases.  I have set the servers to point to a licensing
server but with little success.  I have a large environment and would
like to have a central Licensing server.

Does anyone have a success story on Licensing with Microsoft?

Thank You

Robert

This weeks Sponsor:
triCerat, Inc
ScrewDrivers fxp: Self Configuring Printer Driver with Bandwidth
Control
Learn more at: