[THIN] Re: Microsoft Ad

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:17:19 +0100

sorry to jump in on this thread..
..but I have been testing Vista for a bit now and I have seen many of
the same issues but I having an issue I wonder did anyone come across.

Basically our profile desktop is redirected to a file share. and when
users are logging in first thing in the morning our Vista PC tent to
lock up with the blue circle and then all of a sudden all the icons on
the redirected desktop either completely disappear or they appear greyed
out with an x on them.

If only greyed out the icons are still usable if they disappear the user
must log out and back in again.

I have tried running process monitor and checked event logs etc and can
get no explanation for this.

The user can generally select any of the other apps they have open and
use them but fire fox or IE is greyed out.

I have 250 Vista PC's to roll out starting next month and am getting no
were with this issue.

thanks
Ronnie