[THIN] Metaframe XPe FR3

  • From: "Bruce Hill" <bhill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:03:40 -0700

I am having a few issues with our Metaframe running Web Interface thru a
Secure Gateway.  We have loopback set in the Group Policy along with the
folder redirection.  Below are some of my questions.

We are attempting to go from a 2003 server back to a 2000 server because
of the Term Serv Licensing issues - however we were not able to move the
user profiles so that they will work on the 2000 box.  Does anyone know
of a solution to moving profiles from Windows 2003 to Windows 2000??

I know that this has been covered before, and that I asked about it a
couple weeks ago, however I can not get a login script to run when users
log in, with group policies set in active directory - the script is a
simple batch file - I have also tried placing it in the startup folder
for all users and still it will not run when users log in.

I am also using group policy to redirect the "MY DOCOMENTS" folder and
to HIDE the "C" Drive - Hiding of the drive works well, and the
remapping randomly works - Does anyone have a solution to get the "MY
DOCUMENTS" redirected successfully 100% of the time??

We are running Web Interface 2.0 with MetaFrameXPe FR3 on a 2000 server.

TIA

__________________________________
Bruce Hill
LAN Administrator
Information Technology MS-43
Gemological Institute of America  (GIA)
5345 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, California  92008
Tel: 760-603-4417
Fax: 760-603-4499
E-mail: bhill@xxxxxxx <mailto:bhill@xxxxxxx>
www.gia.edu <http://www.gia.edu/>

The World's Foremost Authority in Gemology(tm)
Ensuring the Public Trust through Nonprofit Service since 1931

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately delete it. Note that any views or opinions presented in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of GIA. GIA takes every precaution to protect e-mail recipients,
but recipients are responsible for checking any e-mail and attachments
for the presence of viruses. GIA accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp