[THIN] MetaFrame Session Sharing

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <berndh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:51:59 -0500

Folks,

I have a question about a MetaFrame feature which I have recently become
aware of - Session Sharing. Apparently this feature allows Published
Application B to share the session that was previously established by
Published Application A. Apparently the benefit of this feature is that the
overhead of establishing and maintaining a session does not have to be
incurred for each application launched by a user. However, there appear to
be some configuration and reliability concerns with this feature. So, my
questions are:

1. Is this feature widely used today?
2. Is this feature deemed to be highly desirable, in other words, if the
"issues" with it are addressed, it would see widespread use?

Thanks,

Bernd Harzog
CEO
Applications Performance Management Experts
www.apmexperts.com
bernd.harzog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
770-475-4249

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH