[THIN] MetaFrame 1.8 / Presentation Server 3.0 Transition

  • From: "Brian Patterson" <bpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:17:26 -0500

All -

We are phasing out a MetaFrame 1.8 server, moving to a Presentation Server 3.0.
 We have purchased our upgrade, license packs, etc. and are ready to begin
deployment.  My concern is that the new server will be going on new hardware,
being build while the old server is still in production.  Once the new server
is in place and we migrate all users to that server, we will be upgrading the
old server hardware as well, before bringing it up as a second server in the
new farm, and load-balancing between them.

What issues should I look for regarding having two license servers active on
the network at the same time?  I would prefer to migrate everything over to the
new system, including licensing, due to the need to upgrade the hardware in the
old server before bringing it up, resulting in a week or so downtime.

Thanks in advance for all assistance/advice!

Brian

--------------------
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete the
message immediately.  If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail under any circumstances.  If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id)6