[THIN] Menu system for terminal Server.

  • From: <mwjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:07:38 -0400

I know this could be easily done with Citrix.

But don't want to purchase Citrix so....

I want to limit my users applications to just a couple of items for my
retail stores POS system users.

I run Windows 2000 Server with a POS package using Thinstars 200
workstations.

I would like to be able to serve up a menu based on security or access via
nt permissions.

Right now I limit via terminal server to just loading a single application.

I.E. the pos software.

But the pos software has several modules that can be loaded. As well as it
has it's own security for each so I could do some other kind of limited
shell or strip down the POS accounts to the point that they could only do
these few things.

Or I could maybe use some other program that would let me do something
similar.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what that program could be to do this?

I.E. I was thinking about some kind of old style dos menu system? Like easy
point or point and shoot.

Would be nice if there was some kind of Windows Equivalent out there.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience or ideas about this.

Thanks

Michael Willis
Kamalia
Columbus Ohio