[THIN] Memory optimisation conflicting with Resource Manager

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:40:23 +0100

Hi,

I've had a customer come with an odd problem - they use RM for billing; but
April's report appeared broken - only some information was available.

Investigating the issue showed that the summary information wasn't being
recorded correctly in the databases - despite the server RM logs saying
everything was working fine. All the servers stopped recording information
about the same time.

What was very strange is that looking at the presentation server console
showed that local database and summary database information wasn't available
- just blank information - no users, no processes - only the server names.

Everything appeared in order, but no data was accessible.

I saw that Memory Optimisation was enabled - so I took one of their servers,
excluded it from memory optimisation and ran adsclean 2. Then I rebooted it.

When the server came back - I could look at user information, and a after
running a summary update - I could  see billing information again.

No one knows, by any chance, what processes run to gather/display the RM
information so I can test excluding it - at the moment I'm working on all
.dll files beginning with RM

Tia.

a.

Andrew

Gilwood CS Ltd

Registered Office :  Mount Ashbrooke, Holmland Buildings, Tunstall Road,
Sunderland, UK, SR2 7RR. No. 6099397 England