[THIN] Re: Memory Usage

  • From: "Geoff Cridland" <geoffc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:48:12 +1000

Tom,

At the moment we are using the old servers but will be replacing them
later this year.  We are currently looking into virtualisation for the
new servers so we are still to make decisions on hardware for them.
There is one new server in the new farm to help with the change over.  I
have been removing one server at a time from the old farm and then
rebuilding it to the new specs before moving the next bunch of users
across.  My problem with this is that I'm going to run out of servers
due the extra resource usage in the new farm!!

Our old servers are all dual processor Dell's with 2/4GB RAM.  I surmise
by your comments that you also didn't receive the improvements as
promised by the resellers.

Thanks for your feedback,

Geoff.