[THIN] Re: Memory Issues

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:28:52 -0500

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-
b570-42470e2f3582
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18
-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

(watch for link wrapping)

Date:           2004-11-22
Time:           9:03:59 AM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:       SAFFRON
Windows cannot log you on because the profile cannot be loaded. Contact your
network administrator.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested
service.

At first I thought it was we were running out of registry space or page pool
space.  This could still be.  I have not found much on this specific error.

But I am starting to wonder if it is something else.

Today when I came in (Monday morning after a Sunday morning reboot).  We
were have this error.  In the end I had to log off a few disconnected
sessions on the roaming profile server and the problem went away.  I was
getting the error on all the servers when people logged on.

I also restarted the spooler service as it had 256 K Page Pool.  (thought
that was kind of high).

I was not getting anything (that I can find) saying out of page pool or
increase registry size.  When I got around to comparing the memory resources
available on the other servers to the problem server it seemed that the
problem server was much better off then the others.  So I can't figure out
what was causing the problem.

I have come across a couple of articles saying if you get "not enough server
storage" it could be IRPstackSize (pretty old messages)  but I am not
getting event id's 2011....

The other person who supports this farm (the expert-away on holidays) says
that part of our problem the registry hives are getting to big and we should
clean up.

SO here are my question (assuming you got this far in the message):
  If it is not page pool/registry size what could it be?
     How can I track it down?

  If it is page pool/registry size issues what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering
Workstations Services Branch