[THIN] Re: Memory Hogs

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:47:17 -0500

good points jeff. My trend analysis is the citrix report of minimum memory usage over 6 months comparing maximum connections and total available memory. I have a lot of research to do to isolate the problem, i know. I'm just now trying to get a grasp on what is going on. I'm planning on loading up the lakesidesoftware product to get a more accurate report of usage. if you have any suggestions, i am open to them. My only goal is to get a handle on this memory usage.

Jeff Pitsch wrote:

I would ask how do you know it's taking 4gb of memory? Lesson #1 on windows and TS is that .exe's are shared memory space in that when an .exe is first loaded, all further users are pointed at that .exe in memory. It is not loaded individually into memory for each user. Task Manager does NOT show this correctly. Task manager shows what it would look like if each .exe was loaded into memory for each user, therefore, showing incorrect memory usage. Lesson #2 is that windows will always use as much memory as it needs until it reaches 80% memomry usage. Then it starts paging out to disk. So, again, you need to do trend analysis to find if what your seeing is accurate.
As well, RTOsoft etc are to control paging, not physical RAM usage. They won't help you.

On 8/1/06, *Peterson David* <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    There's also RTO Software's Tscale, that's the one that was
    licensed by
    Citrix for Enterprise.